Sunday, August 19, 2012

To Drink or Not to Drink?

 I just posted, however, I feel like I need to add a little helpful and healthy things for the day.

Since it is the end of the weekend aka the hardest time to turn down yummy foods, treats, and drinks, I thought I would try to highlight on the drinking side of things.

At the end of the week, most of us love a yummy drink to unwind.  I admit that this past Friday, I did not make a very good drink choice.  I couldn't resist and ordered a frozen strawberry margarita, which is basically all sugar.  Then last night, we celebrated with our Engagement party.  However, all I could think about as I sipped my wine was the calories from the strawberry margarita the night before.  

So...I decided to do a little research to help me out and I hope it can help you to!

                                                              Drink vs. Drink

Strawberry Margarita= 300-500 cal. (regualar size)                   Skinny Margarita= 90-200 cal. 

Strawberry Margarita                








Calories in a glass of Red of White wine= 120-150 cals.                           Calories in Light Beer= about 100

           

                                









 Cranberry and Vodka=170               vs.          Vodka and Soda with a SPLASH of cranberry= 80






voka_cran.jpg
Add caption

    




My favorite...White Russian= 260 calories                                 Sugar Free White Russian= 174 (recipe found on link below)
                                                                                                             http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/alcoholicbeveragerecipes/r/whiterussian.htm



                                  

White Russian Cocktail

  

        





It is getting a little late and I have to rise and shine early in the morning, but I will definitely be on the look out for more low cal drinks to end your work wieek!  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment