Wednesday, August 22, 2012

True Confession: I am an addict to Diet Coke

There is nothing more I love than a cold Diet Coke, especially if it's from the fountain.  However, I think we all know that Diet Coke, or any Diet soda for that matter is not exactly the best thing for our bodies or weight loss.

I am the first to admit that I still struggle with giving up Diet Coke.  In fact, I just drank one!  Before this past March, I drank NOTHING but Diet Coke...maybe a Crystal Light here and there or tea, but probably 80% Diet Coke.  I then decided to do the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and that requires you drink a ton of water.  I no desire to drink water and if I opened a bottle, I would  maybe take two sips and be done.  

Slowly, but surely, I gave up Diet Coke for 24 days and only drank water.  I really didn't lose weight from switching, but did feel better from the extra H2O intake.  

Here are some tricks I learned from learning to love water a little more...

-Drinking it over ice is way more refreshing for me than just out of the bottle

-Add a tiny bit of Lemonade to top it off (this might be cheating a TINY bit, but it is so refreshing)

-Mix in an Advocare Spark (my personal favorite) or a Crystal Light packet

- To get rid of the craving for the bubbly taste, mix in a crystal light with 3/4 packet of Crystal Light and top off the rest with Club Soda (another favorite)


Now not to forget about the Diet Coke...

For those of you who are little addicts like myself, I looked up some statistics on the pros and cons of drinking Diet Coke.  (Info. found on livestrong.com)  This is what I found:

Pros:
*Not too many ya'll :(
1. Short term weight loss
2. Low in calories


Cons:
1.  Can cause long-term weight gain 
2.  Bad for your metabolism
3.  Cancer causing properties (was praying this might be a myth)

So I think I will keep working on weening myself off the Diet Coke for good!  Wish me luck, this will be quite a feat!

  Fiji_water_1.jpg











                                             instead of.....






 






1 comment:

  1. I believe you posted this just for ME! BUT i cant kick the habit...Im trying to limit myself for 1 a day. Let see how this goes...

    ReplyDelete